Under Contract / Offer8 Alcorso Vista Coombs
8 Alcorso Vista, Coombs, Australian Capital Territory 2611
Property is also available on the land rent scheme. Advertised price is for the house and land combined.
An unprecedented masterpiece of solar passive design and forward thinking which is different to its ‘cookie cutter’ counterparts.
This passive solar designed home achieved an amazing Energy Rating of 7.5 when designed and has now obtained the highest possible star rating for an established property of 6 out of 6.
• 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom home split across 3 levels and a loft area overlooking the local park with views to the Molonglo River Corridor and Black Mountain Tower
• Solar passive design maximizing the northerly aspect, including a fully insulated concrete slab, double-glazed windows throughout, carefully designed eaves to allow winter sun to penetrate and keep summer sun out, and a layout that allows cross-flow ventilation in summer
• Hydronic in-slab heating and an evaporative cooler to ensure the home is comfortable year round, even in extreme weather
• All internal walls insulated to help with sound dampening and energy performance
• Three separate living areas
• Grey Box timber used in exterior cladding features and kitchen benches
• Japanese inspired entry area and bathroom - complete with wet room for bathing and showering
• Top quality appliances in the kitchen including multi-function oven with gas hot plates and SMEG dishwasher
• Open-plan living area with high ceilings, exposed timber beams, recycled-brick features and polished concrete floor featuring Jugiong River pebbles
• Located across the road from the local park and a short stroll to the Molonglo River Corridor, Charles Weston School, Club Lime Gym, Chemist, GP, Dentist and Child Care Centre
• Kids (and adults) will love the local area with plenty of options to leave technology behind and get out and about with Stromlo Forest Park a short bike ride away and Stromlo Leisure Centre opening in early 2020
• Inside/outside entertaining made easy by the private yard accessible from the main living area through two sets of triple sliding doors.
• A welcoming front garden of flowering natives and a private rear courtyard oasis featuring established fruit trees, berry patch and flowering climbers
• Flexibility in living areas with the second main bedroom providing scope for a guest quarters, rented out room or self-contained area for inter-generational living; featuring its own heating and cooling, ensuite, separate exterior access and the potential for adding a kitchenette
***Available on the ACT Land Rent Scheme - For more information about the scheme including eligibility criteria please visit: https://www.revenue.act.gov.au/home-buyer-assistance/land-rent-scheme
Links / Tools
- Bedroom: 4
- Bathrooms: 3
- Garaging: 2
- Energy Rating: 6.0
8 Alcorso Vista, Coombs, Australian Capital Territory 2611 ( get directions )