SOLD15 Lawley Street Deakin
Sustainable, energy efficient home
15 Lawley Street, Deakin, Australian Capital Territory 2600Tucked away and hidden in one of Canberra’s most prestigious suburbs is this stunning architecturally designed passive solar two storey home offering generous proportions, the highest quality inclusions and a blue ribbon location. The unique floor plan offers flexibility and functionality showcasing a series of living spaces starting at the formal entry through to the magnificent open planned living area with polished concrete floors, boasting an abundance of natural light and external access to the lush and private grounds. This area flows through to the fantastic designer kitchen with spotted gum benchtops, walk-in pantry, gas cooktop and dishwasher, sure to delight any home chef.
Also located on the ground level of the home is the luxurious main bathroom with a sunken bath set beneath skylight windows, perfect for creating your own day spa experience. A study, generous bedroom with a gorgeous garden outlook and a beautiful family room (or 4th bedroom) with parquetry floors and gas fireplace place complete the lower level.
Upstairs the grand main bedroom is a true retreat with spacious ensuite, walk in robe and its own balcony to take in the peaceful surrounds. An additional bedroom with its own ensuite is also on this level, perfect for guests.
Throughout the home, extra special touches add to the luxury feel and inviting ambiance, from the entrance foyer with slump glass feature wall to the handcrafted cabinetry, pure silk curtains and the decadence of a wine cellar.
Outside the beautiful garden invites you outdoors with paved entertaining areas, lush lawn and flower beds providing privacy, a true haven to relax and enjoy. A double garage with skylight windows and a well-appointed shed complete this lovely home. The 5.5 star-energy rated home incorporates a range of energy efficiency and sustainability features, including a 5kW grid connected solar photovoltaic system, water tanks, and a grey water recycling system.
Quality features include:
• Grand master bedroom with reverse cycle air conditioning, ensuite, walk in robe and balcony
• Spacious 2nd bedroom with its own ensuite
• Super spacious living & dining area with polished concrete floors and an abundance of natural light
• Designer kitchen with spotted gum bench tops, gas cooktop, walk-in pantry and dishwasher
• Separate family room (or 4th bedroom) with parquetry floors and gas fireplace
• Study with built-in cabinetry and desk
• Main bathroom with sunken bath and skylight windows
• Cellar off the living area
• Gas heating to living area
• Double garage with remote access and rear door
• Beautifully landscaped front & rear gardens
• Solar passive design for year round comfort
• Wall and floor insulation
• Double glazed windows
• North facing living area
• Approximately 266sqm of living space
• 5kW grid connected solar photovoltaic system – low energy use
• Grey water
• 2 water tanks
• Well-appointed work shed
This home's desirable location set opposite parkland in the inner south suburb of Deakin means you are close to the Canberra Hospital, excellent schools and great local shops. It is just a short drive the Parliamentary Triangle and Manuka which boasts a range of excellent boutiques, cafes, and restaurants. Wake up in the morning and go for a walk or bike ride around Canberra’s picturesque Lake Burley Griffin. With all this at your doorstep, how can you resist? An enviable lifestyle awaits you.
Links / Tools
- Bedroom: 3
- Bathrooms: 3 (Ensuites: 2)
- Garaging: 2 ( remote access )
- Energy Rating: 5.5
- Grey Water System
- Rain Water Tank
- Solar Panels
- Wine Cellar
15 Lawley Street, Deakin, Australian Capital Territory 2600 ( get directions )